KEYNOTE & EVENT SPEAKER IN MACRO-ECONOMICS & FINANCE
Companies and investors that invite Lars Christensen to speak usually ask him back. The reason is simple. Lars has a knack for cutting through the clutter with incisive, fact-based analysis – without the usual hedging or bowing to the conventional wisdom.
His engaging, down-to-earth style – laced with humour that spares no one, especially himself – is just a bonus.
Lars’s expertise covers some of the biggest problem areas for international business – monetary and fiscal policies, currencies, emerging markets, and political and regulatory risk.
Recent speaking topics include:
- Populism and the global economy and markets
- 1930s style politics: Monetary policy failure and the emergence of Trump, Le Pen and Brexit
- Will the euro survive the German, Dutch and French elections in 2017?
- The African growth miracle
- China will never be the largest economy in the world
- Russia: Between oil prices, lack of reforms and geopolitical uncertainty
- The Maghreb economies: A coming miracle or permanent stagnation?
- Oil prices, monetary policy and the crisis in the Gulf States economies
- Prediction markets – why governments and central banks should leave forecasts to the market
- Global economic and financial outlook 2017/2018
- Currency wars – good or bad?
- The end of the ‘dollar bloc’
- Global Monetary developments: The end of deflation?